Indium Corporation is set to deliver a technical presentation and exhibit its industry-leading products for power electronics assembly at PCIM Asia, August 29-31, in Shanghai, China.
Senior Area Technical Manager for East China Leo Hu is scheduled to deliver a presentation titled Innovative High-Temperature Lead-Free Die-Attach Soldering Materials and Applications. He will examine the characteristics, applications, and process optimization related to new high-temperature, lead-free materials and their reliability testing data.
Power semiconductors are the core of electric energy conversion and circuit control in electronic devices, and are widely used in new energy vehicles, energy storage, data centers, photovoltaics, and industrial applications. In response to industry changes, Indium Corporation has launched a number of innovative high-temperature lead-free solutions, such as new high-temperature lead-free solder paste, pressured and non-pressured silver sintering paste, and copper sintering materials for die-attach.
“The power density of the third-generation semiconductors represented by SiC has been greatly improved, and higher requirements are placed on the on-resistance, thermal conductivity and reliability of die-attach materials,” said Hu. “Combined with the exemption of high-lead solder expiring in 2024, it is imperative for the industry to evaluate new and innovative high- temperature, lead-free solutions.”
As Senior Area Technical Manager for East China, Hu manages the technical support team in East China, and collaborates with global technical support teams to provide Indium Corporation customers with product and application solutions. He has more than 15 years of experience in semiconductor packaging and possesses expertise in advanced assembly technology development, process improvement, and assembly materials applications. Hu earned a master’s degree in IC engineering from the Chinese Academy of Science and a bachelor’s degree in electronic information science and technology from Nankai University, Tianjin, China.
Indium Corporation’s products for power electronics have been demonstrated to reduce energy consumption and solve warpage issues for its customers while ensuring high reliability and improving overall efficiency.
Featured products include:
- InTACK™ – a no-clean, no residue, halogen-free adhesive solution developed for holding parts in place during placement and reflow processes. Designed for use in no-flux reflow applications with formic acid, InTACK™ is specially formulated with high tack to hold a die, chip, or solder preform in place without movement, reducing the dependency on tooling without compromising soldering or sintering quality.
- InFORMS ® – reinforced solder alloy fabrications that improve mechanical and thermal reliability and are specifically designed to produce consistent bondline thickness for power module applications. They also address specific challenges for the power electronics industry by providing an enhanced material for the development of more reliable and higher performance modules.
- Indalloy ® 301 LT Alloy for Preforms/InFORMS ® – a novel Pb-free alloy that enables lower processing temperatures in preform soldering compared to SAC alloys. Specifically designed for power module applications, this alloy prevents warpage in package-cooler attach scenarios without sacrificing reliability like traditional bismuth- containing low-temperature alloys. It is available in preforms, ribbon, or InFORMS ® .
- InFORCE ™ 29 – a pressure copper sinter paste for high-reliability, high thermal conductivity, die-attach applications, InFORCE ™ 29 features high workability, making it suitable for printing or dispensing applications. InFORCE ™ 29 provides excellent sinter performance on bare copper surfaces without the need for costly gold or silver plating.
- InFORCE ™ MF – a pressure silver sinter paste for the highest reliability, highest thermal conductivity, die-attach applications, InFORCE ™ MF is specially formulated for printing applications providing low process yield loss due to print defects and reduces the need for overprint. With a high metal load and low organic content, it enables fast drying times and less material loss.
- Durafuse ® HT – based on a novel alloy technology, designed to deliver a tin-rich, high- temperature lead-free (HTLF) paste, presenting the merits of both constituent alloys. Durafuse ® HT delivers simplified processing, with no special equipment needed, and enhanced thermal cycling reliability equal to or higher than a high-Pb solder.
To learn more about Indium Corporation’s solutions for power electronics, be sure to visit with our experts at PCIM Asia in hall W2, stand F25.