KUALA LUMPUR – 4 March 2022 – Semiconductor supply chain sustainability and resilience
will come into sharp focus 21-23 June 2022 as SEMICON Southeast Asia, the region’s premier
gathering of the semiconductor and microelectronics industry, returns to the Setia SPICE
Convention Centre & Arena in Penang, Malaysia following a two-year hiatus due to the
pandemic. Registration is open. “The rise of the cloud, 5G deployment, connected vehicles,
and digitization have created unprecedented demand for high-performance computing,”
said Linda Tan, president of SEMI Southeast Asia. “As the backbone of the connected
world, the semiconductor industry must maintain sustainable balance of demand and supply
to ensure the resiliency and flexibility of its supply chain. Insights into integrated supply chain networks are critical in enabling the industry to identify and manage any disruptions. SEMICON Southeast
Asia 2022 will delve into this and much more as we continue our work to support industry
players in Malaysia and around the region.”
SEMICON Southeast Asia 2022 will commemorate Malaysia’s 50 th Year of Manufacturing
Excellence and celebrate Penang’s reputation as the Silicon Valley of the East, built on decades
of manufacturing excellence and industrial experience.
Themed Forward as One – Building A Resilient and Sustainable Electronics Supply Chain in
Southeast Asia, SEMICON Southeast Asia 2022 will gather industry experts for the latest
developments, innovations and trends across the semiconductor supply chain. Semiconductor
manufacturing equipment companies, private-and-public partners and industry players will
connect to explore new collaboration and growth opportunities.
“The electrical and electronics (E&E) industry is the cornerstone and strength of Malaysia’s
manufacturing sub-sector, and the sector has grown tremendously, accelerated by the demands
for semiconductors and chips during the pandemic,” said Datuk Arham Abdul Rahman, Chief
Executive Officer of the Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA). “MIDA is
honoured to have worked with SEMI for the past eight years to promote and update our industry
stakeholders on the technological advancements. We continue to value this partnership since
the exposure to emerging trends and industry networking opportunities offered and gained at
previous SEMICONs have been important to our prominent E&E industry players.”
“MIDA is committed to expanding our manufacturing ecosystem by encouraging and pursuing
high-quality, high-technology investments driven by global digitisation in this industry in order to
strengthen Malaysia’s supply chain, product innovation and talent development capabilities,”
Rahman said. “SEMI Southeast Asia 2022 is perfectly aligned with our aspirations of
encouraging the development of the industry through proactive and guided measures while
allowing potential investors to explore Malaysia’s competitive advantages as an ideal
As part of Malaysia’s jubilee celebration, attendees at SEMICON Southeast Asia 2022 will
feature a robust lineup of experts and thought leaders from semiconductor organisations around
- SEMICON Southeast Asia 2022 Highlights
- Smart Manufacturing Pavilion will focus on technologies that can increase
- manufacturing efficiency as well as sustainable practices to minimise impact on the
- Smart Mobility Pavilion will showcase technologies and innovations that are driving
- urban mobility.
- IoT Pavilion will highlight existing and emerging technologies and applications enabled
- by semiconductor innovation.
- Technical Forums will offer insights on industry trends whilst providing networking and
- other information-sharing opportunities.
- CxO Summit sessions will feature industry opinion leaders.
- Business Matching Programs will connect industry players to explore business and
- technology partnerships and opportunities.
- Workforce Development Pavilion will feature a career fair and talks by industry experts
- to help the industry build its talent pipeline.
- Career Fair and SEMICON University Program will support workforce development in Malaysia.
To register for SEMICON Southeast Asia 2022 or for more information, visit the conference