- ASEAN debut of Industrial Operations X, an open interoperable portfolio for automating and operating industrial production, and Sinamics G220, a new high-performance frequency converter
- Display of collaboration with Singapore hydroponics farm Artisan Green to strengthen sustainable farming and food security
- Showcase of rising next-generation talent, tertiary students who won Siemens Industrial Edge Competition 2023
Siemens is participating in Industrial Transformation ASIA PACIFIC (ITAP) 2023, with the motto of “Accelerate Digital Transformation for Sustainable Tomorrow”, from 18-20 October in Singapore. The company will showcase how new offerings from its open digital business platform, Siemens Xcelerator, can empower companies large and small in ASEAN to become Digital Enterprises, helping them to achieve greater efficiency, reduce carbon footprint, and be more resilient.
Using the concrete example of Singapore modern indoor hydroponics farm Artisan Green, Siemens will demonstrate how automation and digitalisation can optimise vertical farming operations to build a more sustainable and resilient food future. Winners from the Siemens Industrial Edge Competition 2023 will also be present at the booth to introduce their ingenious industrial applications. Siemens’ activities at the tradeshow will be accompanied by a live stage program featuring members of the company’s ASEAN senior leadership team.
“There are many challenges in today’s industrial landscape: cost pressure, faster innovation cycles, supply chains disruption, competition for talent, cybersecurity, and the biggest challenge of all: climate change. One-third of the world’s carbon emissions still come from industrial production. If net zero requirements are to be met and climate change reversed, industry must play a more active role,” said Isabel Chong, Head of Digital Industries for ASEAN at Siemens. “The answers start with automation, digitalisation and innovative electrification. At ITAP 2023, we will be showcasing how Siemens is helping to accelerate the engineering, execution and optimisation of industrial operations for more sustainable business.”
With ASEAN’s digital economy poised to reach US$2 trillion by 2030, digital transformation for the region’s small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) is now critical, requiring cross-sector collaboration between the government and private sector, while prioritising sustainability. To do so, advanced technologies, a trusted technology partner, and suitable tech talent are necessary.
Siemens Xcelerator enables our customers to become digital enterprises faster Siemens Xcelerator is an open digital business platform with a curated portfolio of Internet of Things (IoT)-enabled hardware and software, a powerful partner ecosystem and a marketplace. It supports companies of all sizes in their digital transformation. Key aspects that are being showcased for the first time in ASEAN at ITAP 2023 include:
- Industrial Operations X integrates information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) to help industrial customers be more flexible in production to rapidly react to changes along the entire value chain. This enables faster ideation and implementation, intuitive interdisciplinary collaboration, improved operational decision making, as well as easier operations scaling.
- Energy-efficient and high-performing Sinamics G220 which consists of innovative frequency converters that are equipped with clean power technology. This reduces harmonics by up to 97 percent without the need for line harmonic chokes or DC link chokes. They are significantly more efficient in terms of space utilisation and operation and make engineering much easier.
Artisan Green and Siemens digitise vertical farming in Singapore Siemens and Artisan Green will present details of their collaboration in implementing a highly scalable integrated Farm Management System at ITAP 2023. The goal is to leverage automation and digitalisation, and an uncompromised focus on plant science and data transparency to advance sustainable farming operations. This will contribute to Singapore’s ‘30 by 30’ goal of producing 30 percent of its nutritional needs locally and sustainably by 2030.
Meet the winners of Siemens Industrial Edge Competition 2023 To contribute to Singapore’s technical advancement, Siemens organised the Siemens Industrial Edge Competition 2023 to nurture the next-generation of talent in the industrial field. It challenged tertiary students in Singapore to develop practical mobile and web applications to address real-world problems, using Siemens Industrial Edge – an open and ready-to-use edge computing platform designed to unlock the full potential of machine and plant data. Providing them a platform to showcase their abilities, Siemens has invited the three winning teams from ITE College East, Temasek Polytechnic and National University of Singapore to share their work at its booth.
Siemens’ booth at ITAP 2023 is located at hall 2, booth E09, Singapore Expo. More information about the showcase and onsite activities from 18-20 October is available on https://www.siemens.com/sg/en/company/fairs-events/itap-2023.html.